Liberty, democracy, and institutionalism are fundamental to the well-being of citizens.
The IID’s mission is to spread the values of liberty, democracy, and institutionalism in the Americas through debate, academic studies of a cultural and socio-political nature, and projects at the local level aimed at promoting these values.
- To undertake projects that foster and strengthen the values of freedom, democracy and institutionalism
- To study the relations between Latin America and the United States and propose strategies for improving the ties and understanding between the two regions.
- To conduct academic studies aimed at looking at the progress and/or decline of freedom, democracy and institutionalism in the various countries of the continent.
- To provide information on the socio-political situation of Latin American countries through our webpage, as well as our newsletter.
- To publish books, papers and articles relating to the Latin American reality vis-à-vis the values of freedom, democracy and institutionalism.
- To organize and participate in seminars, conferences and other events to disseminate the IID’s mission.
- To promote studies and discussion pertaining to participation, transparency, integrity and civic participation, among other topics, inasmuch as these are the building blocks of democracy